Friday, November 09, 2012

My favorite quote about Windows 8...

is the following:
For me, buying [Windows 8] would imply that Microsoft didn’t string desktop users along for well over a year when they raised concerns about the level and degree of Metro/Desktop integration. It implies that there’s no need for a one-click method of setting Desktop software to default to Desktop programs for file handling. Most of all, it hands Microsoft money in exchange for wasting my time as I searched for ways to open URLs, search desktop folders from the Start screen, crop photos, scroll through directories, and find relevant apps to test.

Windows 8 was developed more publicly and with greater communication than any previous Windows version, but when you take that route, it’s important to listen to the feedback you receive. The problems with Metro are absolutely fixable and could be resolved within a matter of months. If they are, I’ll happily change my mind. Until that happens, I cringe at the thought of having to roll the OS out across a business. --By on October 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm, retrieved 2012-11-08 ~5pm from http://www.extremetech.com/computing/138816-windows-8-the-desktop-review/4

No comments: